With Medical Aid premium increases and benefit decreases, you may no longer be adequately covered in the event of essential procedures, hospitalisation or emergency treatment. This leaves you exposed to large medical shortfall payments. AmsureGap is a medical insurance product that helps you to cover medical shortfalls.
- Covers specialist charges for in-hospital procedures up to 500% of your Medical Aid rate
- Covers any insured family member
- Extends cover to treatment on an out-patient basis for chemotherapy, radiotherapy and kidneys dialysis
- Covers certain medical procedures performed in doctors’ rooms
- Includes a reimbursement of up to R 10 000 for
in-hospital expenses incurred as a result of accidental injury, or R10 000 accidental
||R303 per month
- AmsureGap Core plus:
- Cover for co-payments where your Medical Aid has imposed a levy or deductible on specific procedures, including MRI and CT scans
- Extended cover for in-hospital sub-limits imposed by your Medical Aid on certain procedures, which may result in a payment shortfall
- An additional reimbursement of up to R10 000 for accidental injury requiring treatment in a casualty ward
Why do I need AmsureGap?
Medical Aids often pay less than the full cost of healthcare procedures. AmsureGap is designed to protect you against medical shortfalls by offering a unique combination of benefits - designed to cover the most common and severe shortfalls.
EXCLUSIVE to AmsureGap:
As an exclusive AmsureGap benefit, we make switching to AmsureGap easy for you. Normal Gap benefit waiting periods will be adjusted on your new AmsureGap policy when switching cover from your existing Gap policy. Your waiting periods will be reduced based on the same, current cover in place and the time since your existing policy commenced.
AmsureGap covers you and any insured member of your family for up to R2m per year - provided you are on a registered South African Medical Aid. You and your family qualify for AmsureGap provided:
- As principal member you are between 18 and 65 years
- Children are:
- 21 or younger
- 25 or younger if financially dependant, full-time students
- Mentally challenged dependants
- Accidental Death, or in-hospital expenses for
accidental injury, benefit terminates at age 74
- A twelve-month waiting period applies to new AmsureGap policies for pre-existing conditions
This document is a product summary only and does not contain all the terms and conditions of the policy. Should you purchase this product, kindly ensure that you read and understand the policy schedule and policy wordings.